Click on the links below to learn more about each feature.
Call Waiting ensures that important calls are able
to get through to you, even when you are on the line. A short
tone alerts you when the second call is coming in. You have
the choice to accept the call or not. If you do not wish to
be disturbed with the Call Waiting tone during a particular
call, you may choose to turn off Call Waiting on a per-call
To activate Call Waiting:
- 1. Once you hear the tone signaling a second call coming
into your line, simply press the "*" key.
- After you press the "*" key your first call
will be placed on hold and you will be connected to the
second incoming call.
- To switch back to your original call, press the "*"
key again. You can switch between callers as often as you
- A call will not be ended until you or your party hangs
Press *69 and then the Dial button.
- If you would like to discontinue the first call, when
you hear the call waiting tone, simply press the End button.
- If you are in the process of dialing a number, someone
trying to reach you will receive a busy signal. You will
not receive the special tone notification.
- If you are alternating between two separate calls, any
additional caller will receive a busy signal. You will not
receive the special tone notification for the additional
To deactivate Call Waiting on a per-call basis (so your call
will not be interrupted):
- Press *70 and then the Dial button.
- You will then hear a stutter dial tone followed by a regular
tone -- this indicates that the service code was recognized.
- Dial the number you wish to call. Call Waiting is deactivated
and will not interrupt your call.
WebPhone Plus feature codes
- Call Waiting will NOT be deactivated on the next call
you make. You must deactivate Call Waiting on a call-by-call
Download a complete list of WebPhone
Plus feature codes (PDF)
WebPhone User's Guide
Frequently Asked Questions:
Instructions for using this calling feature are included in
User's Guide (PDF)
If I temporarily deactivate my Call Waiting
service, how do I turn it back on?
To reactivate Call Waiting after you have disabled it, simply
press the End button. Call Waiting is automatically reactivated.
How many people can I put on hold at one
You can have no more than two people connected to your phone
line simultaneously, and no more than one person on hold at
a time. If you are on the phone with one person and you have
a second person on hold, a third person calling you will hear
a normal busy signal unless you have Unconditional Call Forward
or Call Forwarding on Busy activated. In that case, the call
will be forwarded as requested (to VoiceMail or another number).